I had made a wallpaper of this one, but decided that blue might go better with the background. It took 21 hrs 23 min and 52 sec to render. I think it does look better, though.
And the Final Render
Well, finally done. I think I’ll render a wallpaper for myself, and then move on to something else. I think the flame still looks a little funny, but close enough. Funny to think I started this one in June. I have a few thoughts […]
So, I finally put together an array of boards with a wood texture for the wall, added a hook to hang the lantern from, a simple textured ground plane, changed the light to a pair of area lights, and changed the camera to a […]
It’s a Little Dark Out…
Well, I think I got the flame looking about right, just need to change the light to an area light, switch up the background a bit, and maybe add a couple attenuated light sources for a bit of atmosphere, then it should be done.
Just Need to Add the Flame
Ok, finally have everything finished, except for the flame. Hopefully I can get that done next week. I’m thinking of using a blob for that, but not completely sure. I’ll have to look over pictures of lantern flames for reference.
So Close I Can Taste It…
Just updated the globe lift arm, now to finish off the catch and the flame, and I’ll be done. If you look in the lower right of the lantern, near the side-pipe, you can see a few red dots marking where the catch cutout […]
Well, more polishing on the lantern; I’m really itching to be done with this, but I don’t want to leave it unfinished. This is for the mechanism that lifts the globe up in order to light the wick. I’ll be adding a wire structure […]