Not much to look at, but I’m hoping to make this into something that can be used for a roof on a house. I want to be able to define the perimeter by a series of points and have it automatically make a roof […]
Looks like I haven’t posted in a little over a month. Wow, so easy to slack off.I was trying to make a label for the bottle, but I’m getting a bit side tracked at the moment. Just want to make a “quick” picture, and […]
Well, no update in a little over a month, but I have been working on a macro to convert a linear spline to control points for use in a bezier spline, which seems a bit easier to get what I want than a cubic […]
Well, I decided to add in a bunch of points to make the interior hollow, but for some reason it wasn’t working. I banged my head against it for pretty much the whole week, until I realized I was referencing a variable that I […]
So I took a little time to smooth out the spline, and learned something: check the output of the functions you use. I was getting an error that POV-Ray was trying to use an xyz vector as a uv vector, which it apparently does […]
Sometimes it is helpful to tweak the objects so that they are easier to see; the glass material was making it hard to see what was going on here. And the floor plane cut off the bottom of the bottle. Now it looks like […]
And on to another project I go. The logo is pretty much finalized, and I’ll probably make a wallpaper from it, but I wanted to take a little break and try something different. This time, I’m starting off by making an include file, instead […]
Well, done with the lantern, on to something different. I’m actually “working” on several things, but mostly focused on this Linux Mint logo for the moment. I thought it would be a fairly simple thing to put together for a change, and so far, […]
So, I finally put together an array of boards with a wood texture for the wall, added a hook to hang the lantern from, a simple textured ground plane, changed the light to a pair of area lights, and changed the camera to a […]
Well, I think I got the flame looking about right, just need to change the light to an area light, switch up the background a bit, and maybe add a couple attenuated light sources for a bit of atmosphere, then it should be done.
Well, the last part of the lantern is the flame, and it shouldn’t look like it has a hard surface. So I’m putting together something to try and make it look blurry. I’d read something a while ago about using partially transparent copies of […]
Ok, finally have everything finished, except for the flame. Hopefully I can get that done next week. I’m thinking of using a blob for that, but not completely sure. I’ll have to look over pictures of lantern flames for reference.
Just updated the globe lift arm, now to finish off the catch and the flame, and I’ll be done. If you look in the lower right of the lantern, near the side-pipe, you can see a few red dots marking where the catch cutout […]
Well, more polishing on the lantern; I’m really itching to be done with this, but I don’t want to leave it unfinished. This is for the mechanism that lifts the globe up in order to light the wick. I’ll be adding a wire structure […]