So I finally got around to updating the textures and finishes, gave it a bumpy pattern to the normal vector, and added a bit of polish to the globe. Although, now that I think about it, I could add a bit of a bumpy or rippled tweak to the globe’s normal as well, it looks a bit too smooth, especially compared to the body of the lantern.
Still have to add in the wires around the globe, and if I’m feeling particularly adventurous, the mechanism to lift the globe. We’ll see.
And just remembered the detailing to add to the top section; there is a line of holes right near the globe that I put some code in for, but it’s still commented out at the moment. Well, another day, I guess.